Our Sustainability Journey
Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) credentials are now the benchmark that all businesses are judged by. Recently, SunPork has invested heavily in establishing our baseline credentials utilising the external expertise of Integrity Ag for a Life-Cycle Analysis (LCA) and Price Waterhouse Coopers for an overall ESG assessment.
Biosecurity is a responsibility of every person who visits or works at a piggery or related business. New pests and diseases can harm animal health and welfare, the community and the economy.
SunPork has substantial biosecurity risk mitigations in place to stop the entry and spread of pests and diseases including African swine fever and foot and mouth disease. These include:
- Seven night, six full day downtime for all people on re-entry into Australia before entry to a SunPork piggery site
- Four night, three full day downtime for all people on entry to any SunPork Farms piggery after contact with farmed or wild pigs outside the SunPork business
- All visitors are subject to a sophisticated digital biosecurity risk assessment prior to entry to a SunPork piggery site
- No footwear that has been worn outside Australia or has been to a farm that is not a SunPork Farms’ piggery is allowed on any SunPork Farms’ property
- Entry of equipment and vehicles that have been outside Australia or to a farm that is not a SunPork Farms’ piggery are subject to risk assessment, cleaning and disinfection processes
- No uncooked meat, no pork products (including cooked or processed pork) and no pet food is allowed onto SunPork piggery sites